Sunday, October 6, 2013

What happens when we're on the brink of something new (new phase of our life, bold new direction perhaps)? 

On the brink of something new I often feel like I'm going to die. I've had that feeling many times. Once I got pneumonia trying to make a major change in my life. When I was first getting sober I kept dreaming that an ex-lover of mine had died until I realized that it was my old self that was dying. I cam home from three days in Woodstockwith some of my oldest friends refreshed and enthused. I felt that I was finding my spiritual center in Woodstock. My friends, always encouraging, helped me to decide on my next step with my art. So I entered a contest through the Artist
s Magazine and promptly got sick. I've been in bed since Tuesday and am only today feeling like I can do anything but eat soup and watch TV or sleep.

Today I think I've given my mind and body a break by resting and am now ready to live with a more courageous and fun mindset.

I may not be physically ready to go out in the world yet but I am awake and have started a new painting. With it I've decided on a more confident and bold me - artist - watercolorist - friend - lover - family person.

Thank you my friends.

1 comment:

  1. I've read, in several articles, that it is common to become ill or have some kind of accident within six months of a major life change, even if the change is a positive one. When you get over it,you are stronger.
    We were definitely on a mountaintop, literally and figuratively, in Woodstock.
    I'm glad you feel more confident as an artist. We all need that.

    ReplyDelete