Thursday, July 11, 2013

My friend tells me that I don't open up enough. I think I do. I think the only drama in my life is my struggles with my art. The fact that I'm always broke is an ongoing drama and that I really don't want to talk about ad infinitum. It's been the story of my life. I've made bad choices and it looks like I still do.

So should I cry about it or just get on with the life I have? If I want something different I have to do something different. What I have I can live with today. Do I sometimes envy others their seeming good fortune? Sure I do but I try to remember what an old friend of mine used to say "Don't compare someone else's outside to your inside".

I have everything I need today and am grateful for that. I've had a hard life but much of that had to do with my own choices. I would rather have freedom than money. Some of you will say that money give you a certain freedom and yes, it does. However my freedom is a freedom to be who I am, to love deeply, to enjoy what I have and who I have in my life. Painting can frustrate me because I'm never as good as the next guy but I'm as good as I am and strive to be better. I strive to express myself through my painting. Painting gives me freedom. It allows me to focus, to get away from my rambling thoughts for a while and it just feels good. It feels that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

This is my life and what you see is what you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment