Monday, July 15, 2013

"Through my works I reflect about the world where I live and about the space that art occupies in it. I particularly work on two concepts: beauty in the broad sense and craft as support of the work." A quote from Alejandro Rosemberg in an article I read the Artist's Magazine.

Very succinctly put. Craft supporting beauty. Having the techniques to convey on paper what I see. I'm not with the hyperrealism movement (that is seeking to recreate reality with the precision of photography). I admire those who convey beauty through color. Those masters that I admire the most tend to be the impressionists - very old school of me I know but there we are.

Yesterday I spent time drawing and sketching trying to improve the craft. Today I did some of the same but spent lots of time reading about and experimenting with mixing color.

I've been working in greys and blues lately conveying foggy seas; grey days at the beach. It's been a change for me and we'll see how it goes.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like it's doing something. I am really taken by the sail boat. You caught the clouds really well.

    ReplyDelete