Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I finished a small paint - 6x4 that was really just an exercise in painting autumn trees and their reflections. It's the only work I've done over the past week except of course for writing and fretting about working. Such a waste of time - fretting but it has let me know that my "inner terrorist" has shown up again. You know, the guy/gal that tells me I'm inadequate, that I'll never be any good, it's too late anyway, so why bother?"

He's the guy that lives in my head. He can be dormant for months and then suddenly, or maybe not suddenly but subtly, appears, rears his ugly head and before I know it I'm in the midst of negativity.

The question is how to move the terrorist out. I tell him to shut up and move out. I tell him he has no idea what he's talking about and I can say I'm the artist here, you are just a bogeyman. Get the hell out of my head!"

No comments:

Post a Comment