Monday, June 3, 2013

It looks like my plans for a two day watercolor class in the middle of June might come to naught. The reason is that we ran out of money once we paid our monthly bills and put groceries in the house. The end of the month is small paychecks with large bills (you know, like the rent). I'm trying to take the positive out of this. We went to an art show on Saturday at Brookgreen Gardens. There were plenty of visual artists who knew how to draw and paint representational scenes. The problem for me was that they all looked alike.= except one guy named Dave.  He put on show a few watercolors (mostly he showed in oils which were geared toward selling) which were lovely. And were not the run of the mill scenes of Charleston or Pauley's Island. They spoke to me. I enjoyed talking with him; he offered to take a look at some of my work; and he may hold a class in the fall. So maybe I'll save for that one.
So back to painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment