Wednesday, June 26, 2013

On Writing and Painting

I published my blog and I painted Monday just like I said I would. Later in the afternoon I took myself around the golf course. I find that golf relaxes me, makes me feel at one with the universe even when I'm not playing well, which I wasn't. The walking, the breeze in my face and the concentration on the ball all contribute to my sense of well being. Life is grand!

Did all this inspire me to look at one of my manuscripts? Not really although I have started sifting through one of my notebooks relevant to my latest work in progress. Who knows, maybe I'll actually finish this one.

Who knows? Start, stop, start, stop, finally abandon the project by putting it away. The fear of writing relates to something my friend Bill said the other day. "I can hear your voice when I read your writing." So I'm sharing myself in a way that I can't go back and deny. When I paint I leave the interpretation up to the viewer. When I write I have a harder time leaving it to my reader because I have exposed myself on the page. Even publishing this little blog which was supposed to be about my painting often leaves me drained. So I share my latest painting with you and leave it to you and my writing, once I hit publish I have no choice really but to leave it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment